Creating Your Family Favorite Meals List
With a Family Favorite Meals list, putting a meal plan together that everyone (or at least most of the family) enjoys is easier.
A Family Favorite Meals list is what it claims to be: a list of the family’s favorite meals.
Typically, I plan two weeks worth of meals. With my Family Favorite Meals list, I simply fill in a couple days each week with a meal from the list. Doing so saves time. Moreover, I know that most of the family, if not all, will enjoy the meal. Also, I keep ingredients on hand for many of the recipes, so when we encounter an unexpected plan change, or if I am behind on creating a plan, I can easily prepare a meal for the family. Knowing that I have a backup reduces meal time stress.
Creating Your Family Favorite Meals list is simple:
- First, ask each family member to write a list of 10 or more of their favorite meals. (I love that the entire family is involved in creating the list.) While you may, possibly, initial encounter some resistance, it might be helpful to point out that through participating, their favorite meals will be added to the list of meals that will be rotated).
- In addition, I also asked for their favorites side dishes.
- After their 10 meals, they could also include some of their favorite treats if they wanted to.
- Second, type or write the individual family members lists to a master Family Favorites list.
- You may want to display the completed list, where your family can see it for a couple of weeks (I hung ours on the fridge). Having it visible, your family can add to the list if they remember a meal that did not make the list yet (We had a rule that people could add to the list, but not cross anything off of it).
- Lastly, Put your Family Favorite Meals list into use. Refer to the list as you plan your family’s meals. For more meal planning ideas, check out my post, Meal Plan Ready.
Meal Planner Cover
Monthly meal planning pages- options for single page printing or larger two-page printing with space for notes,
2-week meal planner,
1-week meal planner,
Daily meal planning pages- add more details to your meal plan,
Groceries lists- including shop by category,
Go-to quick reference pages for favorite meals, holiday meals, & quick meals,
Space for rating meals, notes, & goals,
+ tips for getting started with your meal planning bundle.
Purchase once and use repeatedly with perpetual meal planning pages! Print and display your plan or keep your plans organized in a binder.
CLICK HERE to learn more.